3 DAYS DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA
Desert Tour Itinerary
DAY 1 : MARRAKECH – OUARZAZATE – DADES VALLEY
After an early departure, cross the High Atlas Mountains and reach the 2260 m-high Tizi N’Tichka pass. Then we continue on until we reach the Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Many films have been shot there including the Mummy, Gladiator, 7 Days in Tibet, Alexander the Great, and Babel… Then continue towards Ouarzazate through the implacable Hamada. Optional lunch in Ouarzazate followed by a visit to Kasbah of Taourirt and the film studios. The journey then continues along the Road of one thousand Kasbahs to the Dades Valley. Along this road we will pass through the fascinating town of Skoura as well as Kalaat Magouna, which is known for its roses. After arriving in Boumalne Dades, there will be dinner and an overnight stay.
DAY 2 : DADES – TINGHIR – TODRA GORGES – MERZOUGA
After breakfast, we go from Dades gorges to Erg Chebbi Sahara desert in Merzouga. Berber villages are scattered along the way, we’ll pass through Todra Gorges ,Tinghir , Tinjdad, Jorf and Erfoud in which we’ll feel the beginning of the desert oasis of Tafilalet, and then we continue to the Hotel in Merzouga, after relaxing few minutes you will take some of your luggage in small bag (the necessary for the night in desert) and leave the other luggage in the hotel, then we will ride the camels on an adventure crossing the Erg Chebbi sand dunes, this is a great opportunity to take lovely pictures of the sunset and sunrise. When we reach the camp, we will leave the camels and take a walk to the highest sand dunes to watch the sunset, we will spend the night in a camp (Berber nomad tents) with drums music in the middle of the Sahara.
DAY 3 : MERZOUGA – OUARZAZATE – MARRAKECH
We will wake you up early morning to watch the sunrise in dunes, then we ride the camel back to Merzouga , after the breakfast we take shower in the Hotel, we start our journey back to Marrakech through different areas and different Berber villages ( Alnif , Tazarine , N'kob ) until we reach Ouarzazate where we will use the same road back to Marrakech. By late evening, you will be dropped at the hotel.
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||2 People||4 People||6 People|
|PRICE PER PERSON||290 €||175 €||145 €|
|ADULT||CHILD (3-11)||INFANT (0-2)|
|90 € / PER PERSON||50 %||Free|
MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA DESERT TOUR OVERVIEW
Head into Morocco's Sahara Desert on a camel and watch the sun set over the Erg Chebbi Dunes. This overnight tour offers spectacular views and a chance to experience the desert nomad lifestyle and to explore the historical Kasbahs. Eat a traditional Moroccan Tagine, take part in a drum circle, and sleep in an authentic Berber tent. See pink flamingoes at an oasis near Merzouga, and search for desert reptiles and mammals as you trek.
MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA DESERT TOUR INFO
- Duration: 3 Days & 2 Nights
- Departure: 7/8 AM
- Starting location: Marrakech
- Ending location: Marrakech
- Free arrival transfer(Marrakech Airport - Marrakech hotel)
- Transportation (A/C comfortable 4WD/minivan/minibus)
- Professional English speaking driver during the trip
- Accommodation in typical hotels, riads and tents
- Breakfasts and evening meals
- Pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech
- Camel trek to overnight in nomad desert camp
- Sunrise and sunset camel treks
- Berber music show / Entertainment
- Visit to nomad and Berber families
- Visit the sites such as Kasbahs, Canyons, Breaks for photos...Etc
- Travel Insurance
- Beverages & Lunches
MARRAKECH TO MERZOUGA DESERT TOUR HIGHLIGHTS
- Ride a camel as you trek over Morocco's Erg Chebbi Dunes
- Play a drum around the campfire after feasting on a traditional meal
- Sleep under the stars and watch the sun rise over the dunes of the Desert
- Experience the lifestyle of desert nomads as you share meals with Berbers
- See pink flamingoes splashing in an oasis lake and search for other wildlife
- If the itineraries that we offer do not match what you're looking for, contact us and we will prepare the trip to your needs and requirements.
- If a long Camel trek & overnight in the camp is not for you can still enjoy the sunset with a shorter camel trek and spend the night in the Hotel.
- 50% off for children under 12 years with maximum 1 child per family