4 DAYS FES DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH
Desert Tour Itinerary
DAY 1 : MARRAKECH – AIT BEN HADDOU – OUARZAZATE
Departure takes place in front of your hotel in Marrakech towards Ouarzazate through the Tizi- N-Tichka pass (2260m) in the High Atlas Mountains. From Marrakech to Ouarzazate, you will enjoy a snaky road, beautiful landscapes with different colours and the Berber villages along the way between Marrakech and Ouarzazate, the doorway to the Sahara desert. The next destination is a UNESCO world heritage site called “Ait Benhaddou” classified since 1986, where few Berber families are still living in this fortified Kasbah and supported by UNESCO. Ait Benhaddou Kasbah is one of many locations served as a natural decoration for many movies which were shot in the area such as “Lawrence of Arabia and Jesus of Nazareth” Take a walk and cross the dried river with your guide to discover Ait Benhaddou and dominate the Kasbahs once you get to the top of the hill. Afterwards, you will head directly to Ouarzazate where you spend the first night in a Moroccan typical hotel. Dinner & overnight in Ouarzazate.
DAY 2 : OUARZAZATE – TODRA GORGES – MERZOUGA
After breakfast, departure from your hotel in Ouarzazate, taking the road of 1000 kasbahs, you first get to Skoura palm grove where most beautiful Kasbahs of the southern Morocco are located (Amerhidil Kasbah, Ait Abbou Kasbah...). The next city is Kelaat Magouna, a Berber city that celebrates the festival of roses each year, every first week end of May is an opportunity for locals to meet and sell the rose water and other products made from the rose. You will continue along the valley of roses until Boumalne Dades, another Berber village on the road of 1000 kasbahs. 45 km further, you will get to Tinghir with its beautiful palm groves. You continue to the gorges of Todra. Free time for lunch and trek along the canyons of about 300 m high. Afterwards you will leave to Erg Chebbi dunes in Merzouga Sahara desert. Enjoy a camel ride with sunset to get to the oasis where the camp is located. Spend the night in the bivouac at Merzouga Sahara dunes under nomadic tents or outside under shooting stars. Play drums with the camels drivers. Dinner & overnight in Merzouga Sahara desert camp.
DAY 3 : RISSANI – TOUR AROUND DESERT – MERZOUGA
Today we will explore a region of desert landscapes, but will start with a visit to the seasonal lake of Dayet Srji, where we might encounter pink flamingos. The desert against the lake provides a beautiful contrast. We will also visit the Khamila village, where we listen to the Gnaoua music, a style typical in the region. Then, explore the ancient city of Rissani, which thrived from the 8th to 14th century due to the caravan routes. Here you will have the chance to visit the famous market that takes place 3 times a week. In the afternoon before the sunset we will get set to cross the desert landscape with a camel trek for about two hours to reach our oasis in the desert for the night. We will spend the night in the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi in the desert.
DAY 4 : ERG CHEBBI – ZIZ VALLEY – MIDELT – IFRAN – FES
After having breakfast, camel trek back to the hotel at the dune line for a quick shower. We will drive on to the small town of Erfoud famous for its fossilized marbles where you will visit the workshop production of marble containing fossils… Via Errachidia and the Ziz valley which is dotted with palm trees, Continue our journey to FES, we stop on the road to enjoy the panoramic views over the beautiful Ziz valley before crossing the High Atlas mountains. Optional lunch in a town called Midelt. Then we pass by Ifran, a charming ski resort town and Azrou, an important handicraft centre specialized in cedar wood work. We continue to the legendary city of FES. By late evening, you will be dropped at the hotel.
|NUMBER OF PEOPLE||2 People||4 People||6 People|
|PRICE PER PERSON||330 €||205 €||158 €|
|ADULT||CHILD (3-11)||INFANT (0-2)|
|135 € / PER PERSON||50 %||Free|
DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO FES OVERVIEW
On this 4 Days Morocco desert tour from Marrakech to Fes you will travel through the spectacular High Atlas Mountains a majestic paradise of plunging gorges, lush waterfalls, and forests await - a living Eden unspoiled by the modern world. See the stunning views of Gorges Dades carved by centuries by the Dades river and Gorge Todra with monumental rock walls over 300 meters high. From mountainous sights reach the sand dunes of Erg Chebbi on the back of your camel. Spend the night under the star of the Sahara desert or in the nomad tent by dunes of Erg Chebbi.
DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO FES INFO
- Duration: 4 Days & 3 Nights
- Departure: 7/8 AM
- Starting location: Marrakech
- Ending location: Fes
- Free arrival transfer(Marrakech Airport - Marrakech hotel)
- Transportation (A/C comfortable 4WD/minivan/minibus)
- Professional English speaking driver during the trip
- Accommodation in typical hotels, riads and tents
- Breakfasts and evening meals
- Pick up & drop off at your accommodation in Marrakech & Fes
- Camel trek to overnight in nomad desert camp
- Sunrise and sunset camel treks
- Berber music show / Entertainment
- Visit to nomad and Berber families
- Sand boarding
- Visit fees when applied
- Visit the sites such as Kasbahs, Canyons, Breaks for photos...Etc
- Travel Insurance
- Beverages & Lunches
DESERT TOUR FROM MARRAKECH TO FES HIGHLIGHTS
- Explore the town of Ouarzazate, home to the largest film studio in Africa
- Admire the beautiful rivers and mountains as you walk through the Gorges
- Explore the town of Rissani, where the Alaouite Dynasty was established
- Experience the Berber culture as you stay overnight at a desert camp
- Admire the sunset by the dunes of Erg Chebbi
- Enjoy a camel ride across the desert
- Visit the winter ski resort of Ifran
- If the itineraries that we offer do not match what you're looking for, contact us and we will prepare the trip to your needs and requirements.
- If a long Camel trek & overnight in the camp is not for you can still enjoy the sunset with a shorter camel trek and spend the night in the Hotel.
- 50% off for children under 12 years with maximum 1 child per family